Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Arm-Knit Scarf

Earlier this month I knit, using my forearms, a red and pink scarf:

One thing I do have to say: if you're going to arm knit a scarf, there is one very important step you need to take before getting yarn all over both of your arms. Go to the bathroom!

Once that yarn is completely wrapped around your forearms, you're handcuffed in and there's no getting out of it very easily.

Fortunately, arm-knitting works up very quickly, especially when using double chunky yarn. So this shouldn't take more than half an hour or so.

I do have some marble variegated yarn, blending white and black and grey, and I may have to do another scarf like this with that yarn.

Although I have to admit: while these infinity scarves are cool, I think I prefer regular scarves to wear. I feel like the wearer can do more things with the scarf, wrapping it in different ways; styling with an infinity scarf seems more limited to me. Hmmmm.

Well anyway, there's my first arm-knit infinity scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment