Saturday, March 1, 2014

Loom Knitting

I LOVE loom knitting! I'm just getting started with it, and I do one basic stitch for the time being with it, but I have noticed, by way of viewing YouTube videos and checking various websites, that one can knit and purl and do cables and all kinds of things with loom knitting. So I'll get to that eventually!

I like loom knitting because, quite frankly, I'm too clumsy to manage knitting with needles. So this is a good substitution for me.

I'm working on this scarf:


I loves me the cool, elegant colors of that yarn, which is Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick n Quick yarn, in....I think they call that color "marble." 

I've actually got much further on this scarf than the photo indicates. I have almost used up the first skein of yarn, and I'm ready to add the second skein. I'm not sure if I should "magic knot" it on or figure out something else; this is the first time I'm adding more yarn to a project like this, and it's not quite like crochet! 

But I got a good close up photo of the stitches:


So yeah. Hopefully as I keep going I'll figure out how to do cables and whatnot.

1 comment:

  1. The Josephs coat scarves look fantastic! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete